Leading wine identity adds his support in the race to cure cystic fibrosis


 
Leading wine identity adds his support in the race to cure cystic fibrosis
As Global Wine Ambassador for the iconic Penfolds range, Jamie Sach travels the world showcasing our State’s most famous wine brand.
However, it is in his new role as Ambassador for Cure4CF, that Jamie can now spread the word about a cause far closer to his heart.
Less than a year ago, Jamie and his wife learned that their youngest son has Cystic Fibrosis.
“Our baby boy was just four weeks old”, says Jamie, “My wife and I knew very little about the disease, but what we read scared us.
“That first night I was researching online when I stumbled upon the website for Cure4CF, they were promoting a lecture on current progress for CF research just two days later.
“It was here that I learnt an Adelaide team was working on a cutting edge gene therapy cure. It was inspirational and it was right here on my doorstep.
“Like every CF family, we have a lot more worries than we would like and that’s why I’m delighted to  become an Ambassador of Cure4CF and in this capacity I hope to be able to help this dedicated team to raise the money we need to get this therapy into human clinical trials as soon as possible.
“Now is the time to cure cystic fibrosis. I know our work is cut out for us, but I’m rolling up my sleeves and I know I’m not alone.
Chair of Cure4CF, David Coluccio said Jamie’s support is a key factor in raising awareness of not just those with CF, but also how close the Adelaide team is to finding a cure.
“Jamie’s appointment means that we now have another strong voice in the community fighting for this research and the funds we need to get this over the line.”

No comments:

Post a Comment